(Page 3 of 4)
Here are some questions to stimulate discussion around Nourish. Consider one or two questions from “Introductions,” “Reflections on Nourish,” “Be the Difference,” and “Closing Thoughts.”
- What’s your name (and affiliation)?
- What brings you to this gathering?
- What excites you about food?
- What does “nourish” mean to you?
Reflections on Nourish
- What was something in the film that was new to you? What surprised you?
- What content in the film affected you the most, and why?
- What are some questions you have about the story of your food?
- What are you interested in learning more about?
Connect Nourish to Personal Experience
- What food traditions are represented in your family? How are they celebrated?
- Recall an especially memorable meal. Who made it? What was the occasion? What made it special?
- What is your first memory of eating fresh, seasonal produce?
- What new whole foods (fruit, vegetables, grains) have you discovered in the past two years? How did you discover them?
- How has your relationship to food changed over your lifetime?
Building a Healthy Food Culture
- How does the modern Western diet differ from more traditional cultures’ diets? What are the health and environmental consequences of the Western diet?
- What do you think is the root cause of our society’s largely unhealthy relationship to food?
- What does “food culture” mean to you? What words would you use to describe our nation’s food culture?
- How can we create a healthier food culture?
Chapter 1: Connections
- What food issues are you most passionate about?
- Pick a recent meal or food choice that connected you to the global food system? How much do you know about where the food came from and how it got to you?
- What does “interdependent” mean to you? Who are some of the people we rely on for our daily food?
- Have you ever visited a farm or ranch that produces food you eat? What might be the closest one?
« Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next »